Welcome to the Ai New York City Community Blog!

Keeping you informed about events and people in the Ai New York City Community.

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

WALKING FOR BABIES

Photos Above - Baby "Bear" & "Bear" @ 4



Registration Crowds


"Team LBNC"


Ai New York City SFS Planners Sherie Spriggs and Cekina Dilligard recently participated in the annual March of Dimes' Walk for Babies which was held on Sunday, May 1 in New York City and was one of the many national walks planned nationwide. Cekina's group Ladies of Business Networking & Charities (LBNC) raised a total of $359 for the cause.




The two women share their stories of why they participated:




Sherie:

"As a mother of a premature baby and having worked for March of Dimes as a work-study, I decided to walk again this year. My daughter Anisa (also called Bear) was born 5 ½ weeks early. I was fortunate to have a baby whose birth weight was 5lb and was breathing on her own. Bear only spent one night in the NICU and was discharged with me after three days. Today she is a vibrant 4 year old"




Cekina:

"Being a premature baby I decided to march along with my group members Ladies of Business, Networking, and Charities in support of March of Dimes. On September 13th 1983 my mother gave birth to twin girls born at 3 ½ and 4 LBS. Walking in the March of Dimes walk in support of Premature babies was a great experience for me and being able to raise funds to help another family whose child was born prematurely is the icing on a cake. I’m just glad I was able to support such a great cause."



For more information on the March of Dimes and how you can help, visit http://www.marchofdimes.com/default.html or http://www.marchofdimes.com/newyork/2706_8389.asp


Both women deserve high praise for participating in this very worthy cause!

Sherie's pride and joy as well as photos from the May 1 walk appear above.

No comments:

Post a Comment